Special Filipino Delicacies Recipes
| Burong Isda |
* ? kilo milkfish or fresh water carp (well cleaned and scaled)
* 2 cups cold rice, not burnt
* 100 grams garlic (crushed)
* 100 grams ginger (minced)
* 100 grams red onion (chopped)
* 6 lime wedges
* Pinch of salt and pepper
? cup patis (fish sauce)
* ? cup white vinegar
* ? cup water
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand, mashing everything well.
2. Pour into a big mouthed bottle.
3. Stick fishes into the bottle.
4. Seal the bottle well and keep for 1-2 weeks
5. After 2 weeks the fish should be ready.
| Kusina at iba pa! - The Premier Filipino Recipe Portal |
# 1 whole chicken (cut into parts)
# 4 big potatoes (peeled, quartered and deep fried)
# 1 head of garlic (minced)
# 1 onion (minced)
# 1 red bell pepper (quartered)
# 1 green bell pepper (quartered)
# 1 ? cup coconut milk
# 1 cup coconut cream
# 2 tablespoons curry powder
# 4 pieces hot chili pepper (minced)
# Pinch of salt & pepper
# In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
# Add in chicken and brown a little.
# Pour in coconut milk.
# Cook until chicken is tender.
# Add in potato, bell pepper, hot chili pepper, curry powder and coconut cream.
# Season with salt & pepper.
| Empanada / Empanaditas |
* 5-cups all purpose flour
* ? - cup fat
* 4 pieces whole eggs
* ? - cup water
* Cornstarch for dusting the dough
1. Measure all the ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place flour and add in sugar and fat.
3. Blend until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
4. Add in water, salt & eggs.
5. Pour in the liquid mixtures then mix thoroughly to develop the gluten.
6. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic for about 20 minutes.
7. Form into a large log and divide into two parts.
8. Round the other half of the dough in a greased bowl and rest for twenty minutes.
9. Round the other half of the log into smooth balls, the size of the grapes and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
10. Sheet out dough with a rolling pin dusting with cornstarch until desired thinness.
11. Roll dough over rolling pin and form a 1? " diameter log.
12. Slice the log thinly and rest for 15-20 minutes.
13. Flatten dough over dough and shape into empanada. 14. Put in the filling and seal the seam well.
1. ? kilo lean pork (ground)
2. ? kilo potatoes (cut into cubes)
3. ? kilo onions (sliced into cubes)
4. 4 tablespoons raisins
5. 3 tablespoons pickle relish
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. ? teaspoon black peppercorn (ground)
8. 2 tablespoon sugar
9. 1 gallon fat for frying
1. In a deep fryer, heat oil and fry potatoes until crunchy.
2. In a pot, boil ground pork with ? -cup water.
3. Add sugar, raisins and pickles.
4. Add in potatoes and onions.
5. Season with salt & pepper.
6. Drain off excess liquid.
7. Let filling cool before using.
8. Deep fry in hot oil until light golden. Drain in paper towels and let cool.
Page(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20