Special Filipino Delicacies Recipes
| Pancit Bihon |
# ? kilo pancit bihon (vermicelli)
# ? kilo chicken (boiled & chopped thinly)
# ? kilo shrimp (peeled)
# 1 big carrot (julienne)
# ? -cup baguio beans (sliced 1")
# ? -cup cabbage (julienne)
# 1 small head of garlic (minced)
# 1 onion (minced)
# ? -cup soy sauce
# 2-cups chicken stock
# Pinch of black pepper
# 3 tablespoons oil
# In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, onion chicken and shrimp.
# Add in the vegetables and season with soy sauce, and black pepper.
# Stir-fry and add in chicken stock and bring up to a boil.
# Add in pancit bihon.
# Cook until stock completely evaporates, but not dry.
# Serve hot with pandesal and calamansi slices.
| Pancit Palabok (Pancit Malabon) |
* 8 oz. pack rice noodles (a thicker version of parmicelli)
* 1 tbsp. Annato seeds (achuete)
* 1 cup shrimp juice
* 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
* 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 lbs. shrimps, shelled and fried
* 3/4 cup finely crushed chicharon (fried or sun-dried pork rinds)
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped and fried
* 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
* 2 slices of hard boiled egg
* Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak noodles in boiling water for 20 minutes or until softened.
2. Drain well and set aside.
3. Soak the annato seeds in a pan with oil and garlic while fire is set to simmer fire. Strain the oil free of seeds and burnt garlic.
4. Add the oil to the shrimp juice in a sauce pan, and season with soy sauce, salt and black pepper.
5. Stir in the cornstarch, simmer until thick, stirring constantly until thickened.
6. In a plate, put the noodles, pour sauce over it, then sprinkle crushed pork rinds, shrimps, fried garlic and green onions.
7. Arrange sliced eggs on top and lemon wedges on the side of the presentation dish.
8. Toss the pancit mixture and sprinkle with lemon juice to taste.
9. Serve hot.
| Pinkabet ( pee-NUHK-bet ) |
# 1/4 kilo pork with fat (cut into very small pieces)
# 3 tablespoons oil
# 1 1/2 cup water
# 2 medium size Ampalaya (cut into 8 pieces each)
# 2 medium size eggplants (cut into 8 pieces each)
# 6 pieces okra (halved)
# 6 pieces tomatoes (quartered)
# 1 small garlic head (minced)
# 2 small onions (diced)
# 1 small ginger (sliced)
# 4 tablespoons bagoong isda
# Pinch of pepper
# In a pan, cook pork until lightly crispy, set aside.
# Saute garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ginger in the pork fat and mix in pork.
# In a casserole, boil water with bagoong.
# Add in the pork and spices.
# Add all the vegetables and cook.
# Serve hot.
Page(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20