Special Filipino Delicacies Recipes
| Humba ( Hoom - BA) |
* 1 kilo Pork (cut into chunk cubes)
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1 1/4 cup white vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1 head garlic (minced)
* 1 1/4 tablespoon cracked black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 pieces laurel leaves
* 1 small can soybean paste
* 1 cup ground roasted nuts
* 1 tablespoon oil
# Brown pork in oil.
# In a casserole, put together pork, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper, sugar & laurel for 1- 2 hours.
# Cook and simmer until pork is tender adding a little water every once in a while.
# Add in soybean paste and ground nuts and cook until sauce thickens.
| Inihaw na Bangus |
* 4 big bangus (clean and scaled)
* 2 big onions (diced)
* 4 big tomatoes (diced)
* Pinch black pepper
* 1 tablespoon rock salt
* 2 tablespoon calamansi juice
* Oil Aluminum foil
* ? cup soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons calamansi juice
* 2 pieces hot chili pepper (minced)
1. In a bowl, mix onion, tomatoes and black pepper.
2. Stuff bangus with the mixture.
3. Grease aluminum foil wit oil and wrap bangus individually.
4. Grill or bake until well cooked.
5. Serve with soy sauce, calamansi and hot chili pepper. (mix)
| Laing |
* 25 pieces dried taro root (dahon ng gabi)
* ? kilo pork (cut into small cubes)
* 3 cups grated coconut
* 2 cups water
* 1 big head of garlic (minced)
* 2 small onions (minced)
* 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
* ? cup small dried shrimps (soaked)
* 6 pieces hot chili pepper (minced)
* ? cup alamang
* 3 tablespoons oil
# Wash dried taro root and separate leaves from stalks.
# Discard the prickly part of the stalk.
# Cut into 1 "
# Extract the cream from the grated coconut.
# In a pan, saut? garlic, onion, ginger, pork meat and stir.
# Add in dried shrimp, hot chili pepper, alamang, and the stalks.
# Cook until stalks are tender.
# Stuff Taro root leaf with 2 tablespoons of mixture. Wrap well.
# Arrange stuffed leaves in a casserole and pour in coconut cream.
# Cook until coconut cream excretes its oil and stuffed leaves are cooked well.
Page(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20