| 24 Hour Vegetable Salad |
5 cup torn mixed salad greens
1 med carrot
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz.)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted
1 med cucumber, halved,
seeded, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
(1 3/4 cups)
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 tsp finely shredded orange peel
1/2 x to 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/8 x to 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 med orange, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Orange peel strips (optional)
* Place salad greens in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart clear straight-sided bowl or souffle dish. Peel carrot. Using vegetable peeler carefully cut carrots into long, paper-thin ribbons. Set aside. Layer atop salad greens in the following order: mushrooms, 1/4 cup of the cheese, olives, cucumbers, carrot ribbons, and green onions.
* For dressing, in small bowl combine the mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, orange peel, crushed red pepper, and ground black pepper. Spread dressing over top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
* Cover salad tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 to 24 hours. Garnish with orange slices, walnuts, and orange peel strips. Just before serving toss to coat vegetables. 6-8 SVG.
* Make Ahead: Assemble this salad up to 24 hours before serving. Garnish and toss just before serving.
| Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin with Celeriac Potato Cake |
4 x Seven-ounce filet mignons
Five peppercorn mix - (2 black, 2 white, 2 green, 2 pink, 1szechwan)
1 cup Canola oil
1 tbl Chopped garlic
1 x Rosemary sprig
Salt to taste
Celeriac Potato Cake see * Note
Fried Garlic And Baby Spinach Saute see * Note
Basil Oil see * Note
1 cup Demi-glace (optional)
* Coat the beef with the peppercorns and marinate in oil, garlic and rosemary for 4 hours or overnight, refrigerated.
* Season beef with salt and sear in a heavy pan. Turn beef over and place in 375 degree oven for 8 to 12 minutes depending on thickness of filet. Cook until medium-rare.
* Place beef on top of a Celeriac Potato Cake so that it will absorb the juices of the beef. Make 3 mounds of the Fried Garlic And Baby Spinach Saute around the beef and drizzle with Basil Oil and demi-glace.
* This recipe yields 4 servings.
* Suggested Wine: Villa Caffagio, Chianti Classico, Vendemmia, 1996
* Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "5 Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin With Celeriac-Potato Cake Fried Garlic And Baby Spinach Saute With Basil Oil".
| rain - Rice and Vegetable Salad |
1 cup Cooked AM 7 Grain Cereal cooled
2 cup AM Brown Wild Rice & Herbs (Quick), cooked & cooled
16 oz Canned peas and carrots drained
1/2 cup Celery, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1/2 cup Cucumbers, diced
1/8 cup Chopped pimientos
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Vegetable seasoning to taste
* Toss ingredients together with mayonnaise or salad dressing of choice.
* Chill. Serve on a bed of alfalfa sprouts.
Page(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18