| FAT FREE VEGETABLE CHILI |
1 package Birds Eye cauliflower, frozen
1 package Birds Eye small whole onions, frozen
1 jar tomato sauce (fat free)
chili seasoning (fat free)
sweet gerkins (fat free)
Heat cauliflower and onion in water. Cook until fork tender. Remove from heat, drain water leaving a little.
Add tomato sauce, chili seasoning, sweet gherkins. Heat until it starts to boil.
| Fat-Free Vegetable Soup |
* 14 cups water
* 2 onions, chopped
* 2 large carrots, sliced
* 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 2 green bell peppers, diced
* 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, mashed
* 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons curry powder (optional)
* 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
* 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
1. In a large cooking pot, measure water, add onions, carrots, potatoes, green peppers, mashed tomatoes, chicken bouillon powder, black pepper, and curry powder. Boil for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2. Add shredded cabbage, chopped celery, cauliflower florets, and dill weed, and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes. If soup is too thick, add more water and bring to boil. Adjust seasonings to taste.
| Vegetable Burger & Fries |
3.5 oz spinach
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek, thinly chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 cups chopped mushrooms
10.5 oz firm tofu, chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1.5 cups fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 whole wheat hamburger buns and salad to serve
2 large potatoes
2 tablespoons flour
1 tsp chili paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. To make the burgers, cook the spinach in a little boiling water for
2 minutes. Drain thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the leek and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, and cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables have soft. Add the spinach and cook for one minute.
3. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process for 30 seconds, until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the breadcrumbs, mix well, and leave until cool. Using floured hands, form the mixture into four equal size burgers. Chill for 1 hour.
4. To make the fries, cut the potatoes into thin wedges and cook in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and toss in the flour and chili powder. Lay the fries on a cookie sheet and brush with the oil. Cook in a preheated oven 400F, for 30 minutes or until golden.
5. Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet and cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Serve with the salad in a bap with the fries.
Page(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18